Tarinakerho
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tarinakerho

Tarinakerho's forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Howdie - Brutallus

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Howdie - Brutallus Empty
PostSubject: Howdie - Brutallus   Howdie - Brutallus EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 12:59 pm

Hi Lost guys.

Im borgrimm... hope name rings a bell for at least a few of you, from EoL shaman claass leader..

My main point coming here is just to discuss a few things with you about Brutallus as we are both engaged in combat with this annoying boss. Grats on gettin ghim to 28% we are about the same place as that.

I am just wondering on the Setup that you usually aim to take to him, and certain specs like.
Affliction lock?
Surv hunter?
Ret Pallie?
Moonkin?
Ele shaman?

Also wonder on the amount of healers you use on him and the setup of how you heal the tanks, raid and burns. What healers on each thing. Do you use a hybrid priest too? (imp spriit buff)

I dont want to steal tactics off you, or try boost us from taking advice off you, as I will comment on anything you would like to know about ouor tries, and even comment on replies with things I think... not like im the best person for thorycrafting Smile

Anyway thanks in advance for answers, and good luck on your future attempts!! Smile
Back to top Go down

Howdie - Brutallus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdie - Brutallus   Howdie - Brutallus EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 3:41 pm

Borgrimm wrote:
Hi Lost guys.

Im borgrimm... hope name rings a bell for at least a few of you, from EoL shaman claass leader..

My main point coming here is just to discuss a few things with you about Brutallus as we are both engaged in combat with this annoying boss. Grats on gettin ghim to 28% we are about the same place as that.

I am just wondering on the Setup that you usually aim to take to him, and certain specs like.
Affliction lock?
Surv hunter?
Ret Pallie?
Moonkin?
Ele shaman?

Also wonder on the amount of healers you use on him and the setup of how you heal the tanks, raid and burns. What healers on each thing. Do you use a hybrid priest too? (imp spriit buff)

I dont want to steal tactics off you, or try boost us from taking advice off you, as I will comment on anything you would like to know about ouor tries, and even comment on replies with things I think... not like im the best person for thorycrafting Smile

Anyway thanks in advance for answers, and good luck on your future attempts!! Smile

From my experience from that boss as healer:

we were always 2 on Burn victims:
Me (druid and Priest) in AM
And in Lost we were me and a pala.

and shammies on raid for metorlashes
and palas and priests on tanks.
Imp Spirit is good if you have a Spirit Freaked Resto druid in tank group.

well we had various of DPS...the biggest issue is to get 28k DPS for the whole raid...
so if you can get a moonkin for Mages and locks that will help alot.
and Feral Druid for the melee DPS

what you should do is to get as much of DPS classes you can that both do imba DPS and can buff the DPS...
and use Drums, Destro pots, Elixir of Demonslaying for melee...
everything that can improve DPS...

if you have 28k DPS and get the Burn victim healing and the Tank healing sorted its a kill

Best of luck to all of you
Back to top Go down

Howdie - Brutallus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdie - Brutallus   Howdie - Brutallus EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 4:55 pm

Cheers.

Well for burn healers we have been useing 2x resto druids, we stole this off Fusion. This has worked really well. One of these Druids HoT the tanks too.
But from asking about lots say abaout the Druid + holy pallie.

We then are useing 2pallies, 1 hybrid priest, 2shamans on the tanks (shamans chain heal constently as helps topping the raid off, also giving +armor buff)

Then 1 holy priest on raid. CoH makes it easy.

But again so many turn and say that 2 shamans on the raid with 2 pallies 1 priest on tank, and also say to go with 7 healers not the 8 we go with, otherwise DPS is pretty impossible to reach.

Thanks Thylos, think I will try next time to use this technique and see how it goes, want to try go down to 7 healers.... but some people dont want to try that.... *keeps pushing*
Back to top Go down

Howdie - Brutallus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdie - Brutallus   Howdie - Brutallus EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 6:24 pm

Borgrimm wrote:
Cheers.

Well for burn healers we have been useing 2x resto druids, we stole this off Fusion. This has worked really well. One of these Druids HoT the tanks too.
But from asking about lots say abaout the Druid + holy pallie.

We then are useing 2pallies, 1 hybrid priest, 2shamans on the tanks (shamans chain heal constently as helps topping the raid off, also giving +armor buff)

Then 1 holy priest on raid. CoH makes it easy.

But again so many turn and say that 2 shamans on the raid with 2 pallies 1 priest on tank, and also say to go with 7 healers not the 8 we go with, otherwise DPS is pretty impossible to reach.

Thanks Thylos, think I will try next time to use this technique and see how it goes, want to try go down to 7 healers.... but some people dont want to try that.... *keeps pushing*

Well try it out and compare the DPS raidwise....if you can still make 27.7k DPS (that is the minimum you need, coz then you have to kill him 1-2 sec after enrage. but if you can get 28k DPS full buffed and using all consumables you can ever think of, with 8 healers....go for it...

I wish you best of luck. you will need it Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Howdie - Brutallus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdie - Brutallus   Howdie - Brutallus EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 9:01 pm

Thylos thylos thylos...
Back to top Go down

Howdie - Brutallus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdie - Brutallus   Howdie - Brutallus EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 1:21 am

Use druid tanks. They not only do twice the damage as prot warriors but also can dps in cat when not tanking. That and they dont die easily which is perfect for starting guilds. Since as most say its a druid fight due to the imba melee attack speed and non crushings. They should manage 600-800dpsx2 which is always a nice extra. Not to mention that you won't be threat capped since your dps is gonna go full out.

If you have a wellgeared warrior that doesn't get instagibbed then use 1 feral + 1 war. Since war can extend the fight with 10 seconds using his imba CDs. Make sure feral starts though so your dps can go full out from the start.

2nd. Make sure you have a shadowpriest and elemental shaman for your mages. Their dps gets boosted most by these two. I know Weedor can do 2k+ dps with these two.

3rd. Strong melee group (rogue, rogue, feral, enh shaman, warrior) is the way to go.

4. Hybdrid paladin. Holy but can apply the damage buff. We had a paladin spec that in our raid in AM.

5. Shadowbolt locks. I think they used Haste Gems.

6. Shaman switching. Switch resto shamans in the melee group (they dont need to move/stop dps during the whole fight). If done right they dps with Drums/Bloodlust for a sick amount of time of the fight. Obviously caster groups can also use bloodlusts).

7. Curse of Recklessness. Pretty much a must. Wouldnt try it with a warrior tank though unless you got one with the Illidan gear. If it is a problem use the Screech Pet hunters can have. Together with demo shout it should be fine.
Back to top Go down

Howdie - Brutallus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdie - Brutallus   Howdie - Brutallus EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 1:21 pm

papitar wrote:
Thylos thylos thylos...
what?
Back to top Go down

Howdie - Brutallus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdie - Brutallus   Howdie - Brutallus EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 4:12 pm

our best geared tanks are warrior + druid, having got a 2nd druid geared enough Sad

we use recklessness, a problem which we never saw was our nub hunters not scorpid stinging..... but that will be sorted or I will kick them from raid Razz
Also having a hunter switch to survival as DPS isnt that far from BM, but will increase the Melle DPS alot.

We are considering a Afflic lock for that -5% damage, but will try without 1st then see how it goes.

Im planning on taking 7 healers next try and see what we can do. Also giving the DPs SP... and making healers suck it up and L2P.

Its going to be hard I think as alot of people are used to slacking, and this is a massive difference, everyone needs to be at 110% and making sure everything is done right. But thanks for the tips they are helpfull and reassureing.

Ohh Moffassa as you are here, or hopefully still are Razz
When you tanked as a druid was there anything you done that increased your TPS, cause Ashleey is moaning that about half way his TPS dies due to not having +Hit or Expertise like warriors gear does. So is there anything to conter this? or we just have to cope with that? (mages moaning that its not enough TPS and they have to hold back)
Back to top Go down

Howdie - Brutallus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdie - Brutallus   Howdie - Brutallus EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 9:56 am

For real? A druid moaning about TPS? oO
The only thing that should get close to a druids TPS at Brutallus is a shadowbolting warlock named Zaruul or Darwinia with 3k tps. The rest shouldn’t get near unless you are very unlucky.

I have 50 hit rating and 0 expertise never had a problem with TPS. Only thing that is annoying is the usual 10 mangles being missed/dodged/parried in a row but this is more annoyance and happens everywhere, TPS is still fine and dps’ers can go full out (they do have salvation right?).

Bleh…wish I could tank him. By far the most awesome dude to tank at this moment. I got 28k hp buffed to the max now and wanna see him crack at that.

But if you really are having trouble (which I doubt, druids like to moan even if they do good Razz) I’d suggest to:
Sharpen your weapon with weightstones for extra dps (like…a lot extra…)

Spam everything as much as possible, Brutallus does not counter/reset at Parry’s so you wont gib yourself, don’t be afraid. I was so scared at first for gibbing myself that I held back. DON’T!.

Make sure you have 100 rage and a mangle/maul ready before you taunt from the other tank. Gives a nice start.

If you aint having survival problems then resocket some gear with +hit and go for the neckpiece from Shattered Sun for extra expertise. Maybe consider +hit food.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Howdie - Brutallus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdie - Brutallus   Howdie - Brutallus Empty

Back to top Go down

Howdie - Brutallus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tarinakerho :: Public forums :: Saarnaaja's Brewery-
Jump to: